We are seeking a Tableau Developer to join the Orvis Team! This is a remote position with no requirements for travel.
As a Tableau Developer at Orvis, you will play a pivotal role in providing the business teams with insightful dashboards and reports to drive business decisions. You will manage the end-to-end development process, including business requirements gathering, prototyping, development, quality testing, user acceptance testing, end-user rollout and training. You will also interface with the Data Engineering team on data pipeline development & optimization. Critical to this role will be your deep knowledge of Tableau best practices and proven ability to design interactive dashboards with a focus on enhancing user experience.
For more than 165 years the Orvis name has stood for outdoor traditions, quality, and customer satisfaction. At Orvis, we do not sell what we, ourselves, would not be proud to own or give as a gift. Our associates deserve to be proud of our service and our products, and we rely on every associate to apply our “pride of ownership” credo to drive our quality. “Good enough” is not our standard. We need to strive for perfection in our products and customer service, to propel our growth and the pride that will fuel our team.
This position reports to the Sr. Manager Process Improvement, working very closely with Planning, Merchandising, Product Design & Development and Data Engineering teams.
- Dashboard & Report Management – Design, develop & maintain Tableau dashboards and reports in support of business requirements. Create & edit queries within Tableau to build calculated fields.
- Data Quality & Integrity – Ensure the accuracy and integrity of data used in all reports & dashboards. Implement quality assurance best practices.
- Collaboration with Stakeholders – Work very closely with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and deliver solutions.
- Training & Support – Provide training & support to the user community.
- Documentation – Maintain documentation for dashboard & report best practices to ensure optimal performance.
- Continuous Improvement – Stay abreast of the latest trends & practices in Tableau, data visualization & reporting and seek ways to continually evolve Orvis’ use and understanding of data.
Competencies and Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years of experience designing & developing complex Tableau dashboards, with advanced proficiency in Tableau best practices and performance optimization.
- Experience in the Retail Industry, preferably in the Outdoor or Apparel sectors
- Experience with SQL for managing complex data sets, performance optimization & custom queries.
- Exceptional analytical skills with ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects and flexibility to pivot focus as the business needs change.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate across departments and present ideas clearly.
Orvis Company associates take pride in our world-class service and products, treating customers, vendor partners, and each other with integrity and mutual respect. We work in a supportive, team-oriented environment, focusing on performance, continuous improvement, and exceeding our customers’ expectations – both internal and external. The Orvis Company and our associates are committed to giving back to our communities and protecting nature.
In 1856, Charles Orvis founded the Orvis Company in Manchester, Vermont, offering the finest fly fishing equipment, and priding himself on customer satisfaction and service. Today, along with our world famous fly-fishing gear, Orvis offers distinctive clothing, home furnishings, gifts, and dog products. Each item is rooted in our heritage of authenticity and the outdoors, and is backed with a no-questions-asked guarantee. As the longest-running mail order business in the United States, and with our flagship retail store located in the same Vermont village as the original store since 1856, we offer experience and knowledge that no other retail company can. Each day we strive to apply what we know and learn to bring our customers even better service and products tomorrow.
Orvis is headquartered in beautiful Southwestern Vermont with major operations in Roanoke, Virginia and the U.K. We firmly believe that the only way for Orvis to achieve its vision to be the most respected lifestyle brand in America, is to have a company culture that is supportive and inspiring to the individuals that will get us there.
Orvis offers competitive compensation commensurate with scope of responsibilities and experience required; plus a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, generous associate discounts, and other excellent benefits.
To access our California Applicant Privacy Notice, follow this link: https://www.orvis.com/california-applicant-notice.html