Sporting Clays/Wingshooting Instructor (Orvis Sandanona)Millbrook, NY
The Sandanona Shooting School located in Millbrook is seeking a Sporting Clays/Wing Shooting Instructor. This is an on-call position.
The Instructor will be responsible for the day to day shooting instruction activities for Orvis Sandanona including Wing Shooting schools and Private Shooting Lessons. This position will also have a strong focus on continuous improvement and growth in the schools and lessons program. A special focus will be offering a best-in-class product for wingshooting instruction, Clays Instruction and Corporate Instruction.
- Help maintaining all instruction areas AM or PM – areas need to be stocked and cleaned before and after use.
- Help support all other sporting adventure departments at Orvis Sandanona
- Promote and maintain the safety and well-being of students during schools and lessons.
Other Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Assist Retail/Front Desk with instructional needs, guns, ammo, and gun desk.
- Upland Bird Dept. Support. Upland Instruction at releases and schools
- Clay course events and instruction.
This position reports directly to the Manager-Chief Shooting Instructor, Gun Room manager. This position will also interface daily with Retail/Office Manager, Instructors, Trappers, Guides, and Retail Staff
- Demonstrated proficiency in wing shooting and shooting skills including gun fitting
- Strong teaching ability
- Have a full understanding of the Orvis Lifestyle.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Familiar with Sporting Clays and Upland Bird Hunting
- Physical strength to do outdoor work including but not limited to heavy lifting, and loading ammo and targets etc.
- General knowledge of shotguns (manufacturers, models, etc.)
- Flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of Orvis Sandanona including most weekends
- Must have good time management and responsibility