Sandanona Guide/Trapper – PT On-CallMillbrook, NY
The Sporting Adventures Guide/Trapper embraces The Orvis Culture and provides a world-class experience to all Orvis customers.
About the Company
In 1856, Charles F. Orvis founded the Orvis Company in Manchester, Vermont, offering superior fly-fishing equipment, and priding himself on customer satisfaction and service. Today, Orvis is the trusted source of discovery and adventure in the natural world. For more than a century and a half we have loved the wild, explored it, and protected it. At our core we are a fly-fishing and wingshooting brand, inspired by nature, driven by curiosity, and fulfilled by adventure. We are proud to own, use, and share our offerings in distinctive clothing for men and women, home furnishings, gifts, and dog products. Each product and the services we offer is rooted in our heritage, inspired by our love of the wild, and backed by superior customer service and a 100% guarantee of satisfaction.
Orvis is an equal-opportunity employer.
This position reports directly to the Sporting Clays Manager and will interact daily with other sporting adventures associates.
- Be an ambassador of the brand and instill the Orvis Vision, Mission, Core Values, and Culture in the entire team
- Provide individualized, personal attention to on-site customers
- Assisting customers with check and on the course
- Maintaining visual presentation standards
- Complete additional assignments from management, including but not limited to:
- Parking carts
- Cleaning and stocking
- Outgoing, friendly & personable with a positive attitude
- Team oriented with the ability to take direction and execute with exactness
- Ability to multi-task
- Flexibility with schedule - weekend and holiday availability
- Physical strength to reach, move, and handle sporting clays paraphernalia in high and low areas
- Physical ability to walk two miles
- Appreciation for the outdoors
- Customer service experience
- Wingshooting and fly-fishing knowledge