Sample CoordinatorSunderland, VT
We are seeking a Sample Coordinator to join the Orvis Team! This is an onsite role at our Orvis corporate office in Sunderland, VT. In-person attendance is required daily.
As a Sample Coordinator, you will play an important role in supporting our apparel transformation. You will be vital in ensuring our Product and Creative Teams receive all photo shoots, dealer, PR, proto and fit samples as well as product development and design submits by their required deadlines. In this role, communication and organization is vital – maintaining one “source of truth”, answering cross-functional team members’ questions and communicating with factories are all central to this role.
For more than 165 years the Orvis name has stood for outdoor traditions, quality, and customer satisfaction. At Orvis, we do not sell what we, ourselves, would not be proud to own or give as a gift. Our associates deserve to be proud of our service and our products, and we rely on every associate to apply our “pride of ownership” credo to drive our quality. “Good enough” is not our standard. We need to strive for perfection in our products and customer service, to propel our growth and the pride that will fuel our team.
This position reports to our Senior Manager of Women’s Product Development. This role supports our Creative, Merchandising, Product Development, Technical Design and Sourcing teams.
- Receive, process and log all inbound development, proto and fit samples and submits. Consolidate, tag, and distribute to product team members daily. Communicate sample arrivals with Product Team members and advise shipping information for expected arrival to each person.
- Communicate photo shoot sample requests to vendors, track and manage to on time receipt. Proactively communicate and follow up with overseas vendors on sample ready dates ensuring on time receipt of all samples and submits
- Work closely with Creative Team to advise seasonal photo sample ready dates
- Send pictures of all photo shoot samples to Product Development team members for visual approval prior to handing off to the Creative Team
- Utilize SmartSheet to manage and track all samples and submits
- Be a culture-positive member of a customer-obsessed One Orvis Product Team
- Build great partnerships and collaborate with cross functional partners. Use effective communication to create efficiency across our Orvis Product and Creative Teams.
- Pro-actively resolve late or missing sample issues and communicate regularly with impacted team members for expedient resolution. Create and maintain a system to flag late samples as soon as a ship date is missed. Be pro-active in communication as well as in creating and improving our processes.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency with vendors in expediting on time delivery of all samples and partner in problem solving when challenges arise
- Manage and organize bulk swatch fabric library
- Support the Product Teams by pulling all new and repeat samples for Design Development Meetings
- Ad hoc projects in support of our Product and Creative Teams
Competencies and Requirements:
- No prior sample coordinator experience required
- High level of responsibility and energy needed
- Attention to detail, organization, data accuracy and deadline driven
- Must be willing to work autonomously while in constant communication with Product and Creative Team members
- Ability to manage multiple time sensitive projects at once with a sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer and MS Office proficient
Orvis Company associates take pride in our world-class service and products, treating customers, vendor partners, and each other with integrity and mutual respect. We work in a supportive, team-oriented environment, focusing on performance, continuous improvement, and exceeding our customers’ expectations – both internal and external. The Orvis Company and our associates are committed to giving back to our communities and protecting nature.
In 1856, Charles Orvis founded the Orvis Company in Manchester, Vermont, offering the finest fly-fishing equipment, and priding himself on customer satisfaction and service. Today, along with our world famous fly-fishing gear, Orvis offers distinctive clothing, home furnishings, gifts, and dog products. Each item is rooted in our heritage of authenticity and the outdoors, and is backed with a no-questions-asked guarantee. As the longest-running mail order business in the United States, and with our flagship retail store located in the same Vermont village as the original store since 1856, we offer experience and knowledge that no other retail company can. Each day we strive to apply what we know and learn to bring our customers even better service and products tomorrow.
Orvis is headquartered in beautiful Southwestern Vermont with major operations in Roanoke, Virginia and the U.K. We firmly believe that the only way for Orvis to achieve its vision to be the most respected lifestyle brand in America, is to have a company culture that is supportive and inspiring to the individuals that will get us there.
Orvis offers competitive compensation commensurate with scope of responsibilities and experience required; plus a comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, generous associate discounts, and other excellent benefits.
To access our California Applicant Privacy Notice, follow this link: https://www.orvis.com/california-applicant-notice.html