Retail Store ManagerPittsburgh, PA
Orvis is where passion and a career meet! Seeking a dynamic RETAIL STORE MANAGER who appreciates the outdoor lifestyle and enjoys outfitting customers for great adventures. Join Orvis in Pittsburgh, PA!
As an Orvis Store Manager, you will:
- Recruit, develop, and encourage your team of associates to inspire customers to love the adventure and wonder in nature.
- Lead as the cultural cornerstone, setting the tone for your team to consistently deliver an exceptional customer experience.
- Create a store environment that is welcoming, inclusive, and an educational resource for the surrounding community.
- Demonstrate our core values of surprising and delighting our customer, taking pride in our product, and protecting what we love.
- Empower your team to deliver world-class customer service through empathy, critical thinking, and customer centricity
- Possess a fundamental understanding of core retail metrics and know which levers to pull to drive sales and profitability
- Work with an entrepreneurial spirit, leveraging assets across Orvis’ omnichannel retail platform
- Communicate the Orvis brand and its lifestyle through creative and effective presentations, maintain visual standards, and maximize sell-thru by product placement and signage
- Recruit, develop, train, and coach associates and create a pathway for growth
- Empower and support your team through regular feedback, coaching in-the-moment, positive reinforcement, and acknowledgement
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Independent leaders who can learn on the fly, build relationships, demonstrate care for customers and co-workers and create a fun and energetic store vibe
- Strong background in payroll planning and scheduling
- Ability to engage customers and to suggest product in an authentic and helpful manner
- Confidence in observing and coaching selling opportunities to develop the team
- Strong computer skills; ability to learn and apply business programs and assist others
- Ability to solve problems for customers and associates, handling ambiguity with sound judgment
- Reliability and responsibility to open and close the store
- Creativity and visual merchandising skills are a plus
- Ability to reach, move, and handle merchandise, reaching high and crouching low, lifting up to 30 pounds, and the stamina to execute floor sets
- Ability to lead the sales floor for extended periods of time
- Specialty retail experience
- College degree
WHAT WE OFFER:
We offer a retail career experience like no other. To be at their best, we recognize that our associates need time to recharge and connect with nature. We believe in ensuring our associates have great work/life balance, maintaining store operating hours that focus on our most productive periods, and offering a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision, and dental coverage
- Employer-matched 401(k) savings plan
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Generous associate discount, and opportunities to earn travel credits in partnership with Orvis Adventures – Travel Division
- Fly Rod loaner program
For more than 165 years the Orvis name has stood for outdoor traditions, quality, and customer satisfaction. We take every opportunity to inspire the world to appreciate the adventure and wonder in nature. We are a family-owned company, never forgetting that our adventure began in Southern Vermont with one big idea: to make fly fishing accessible to all. And since that time, we have not only redefined what a fly rod can be, we have grown and evolved to become an industry leader of high-quality outdoor apparel and gear, innovative dog products, uncommon gifts, personalized global adventures, award-winning guide services, and engaging schools and educational programs. We put our customers first, respect one another, and commit 5% of pre-tax dollars to protecting what we love.
To access our California Applicant Privacy Notice, follow this link: https://www.orvis.com/california-applicant-notice.html
To learn more, visit us at orvis.com/careers.