Retail Sales Leader (full-time)Wilmette, IL
We are a family-owned, international multichannel retailer, and we are proud of our culture, in which associates deliver world-class customer service, and exceptional products & learning opportunities.
As an Orvis Retail Sales Leader, you are focused on facilitating great customer experiences through observation, coaching, and encouragement. Along with the Store and Fishing Manager, you help set the priorities, tone, and pace each day. You delegate tasks to ensure the store operates like a well-oiled machine, while ensuring every customer receives world-class service. Your values align with Orvis’ mission and core values and you demonstrate these in your interactions with customers and team members.
We are passionate, curious, and approachable.
Our store teams are teachers, mentors, and problem solvers. We live to develop and share our equipment, apparel, and expertise to outfit deeper connections and authentic experiences in the outdoors for a more inspired life.
We are the most-trusted lifestyle brand rooted in the innovation of fly-fishing and wingshooting.
Everything we make, offer, or share flows from generations of curiosity on the water, in the field, and around the fire.
The natural world is at the core of our passions and our business.
Cold mountain streams, high-country grasslands, and saltwater flats—these are the places we feel most alive. We know the power of the experiences they provide and live for the anticipation it brings. And we must preserve these places for future generations. This is why we commit 5% of pre-tax profits to protecting what we love.
We offer a retail career experience like no other. Our people are our most valuable asset; and we empower our associates to take care of the customer and exceed expectations. To be at their best, we also recognize that our associates need time to recharge and connect with nature. We believe in ensuring our associates have great work/life balance, maintaining store operating hours that focus on our most productive periods, and offering a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision, and dental coverage
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Generous associate discount, including discount opportunities with other brands
- Incentives for travel
- Rod loaner program
- You model and help coach the team to deliver world-class customer service through empathy, critical thinking, and customer centricity
- You are an ambassador of the brand, aligned with the Orvis Vision, Mission, Core Values, and Culture
- You have in-depth knowledge of our products and services and assist in training team members
- You lead by example as a sales professional, engaging customers in all departments throughout the store
- You are entrepreneurial and are able to leverage assets across Orvis’ omnichannel retail platform
- You identify development opportunities within the team and partner with the Store and Fishing Managers to positively address them
- You oversee daily opening and closing procedures
Who you’ll work with:
The Retail Sales Leader reports directly to the Store Manager and will interact daily with other store associates. You will interact regularly with Accounting and Orvis Service Center associates.
We are looking for:
- Independent leaders who can learn on the fly, demonstrate integrity and mutual respect, and create a fun and energetic store vibe
- Team player that can coach to metrics in a positive and supportive manner
- Excellent retail business acumen including selling skills, visual presentation, and sales analysis
- Ability to handle ambiguity, use sound judgement, and solve problems for customers and associates
- Up-to-date computer skills with the aptitude to learn and utilize business programs as well as the ability to teach these programs to the team
- Physical strength to reach, move, and handle merchandise in high and low areas, lift up to 30 pounds, and the stamina to execute floor sets
- Physical ability to be on feet (standing/walking) for extended periods of time
- Specialty retail experience
- Merchandising experience
To access our California Applicant Privacy Notice, follow this link: https://www.orvis.com/california-applicant-notice.html