Retail Guide (part-time, Women’s dept.)Atlanta, GA
We are a family-owned, international multichannel retailer, and we are proud of our culture, in which associates deliver world-class customer service, and exceptional products & learning opportunities.
As an Orvis Retail Sales Associate, you deliver world-class customer service that inspires customers to love the adventure and wonder in nature. You greet, engage, and share your expertise with customers to ensure their needs are met, and you find ways to exceed their expectations. You are part of a dynamic team that is welcoming, inclusive, and an educational resource for the surrounding community. Your values align with Orvis’ mission and core values, and you demonstrate these in your interactions with customers and team members.
We are passionate, curious, and approachable.
Our store teams are teachers, mentors, and problem solvers. We live to develop and share our equipment, apparel, and expertise to outfit deeper connections and authentic experiences in the outdoors for a more inspired life.
We are the most-trusted lifestyle brand rooted in the innovation of fly-fishing and wingshooting.
Everything we make, offer, or share flows from generations of curiosity on the water, in the field, and around the fire.
The natural world is at the core of our passions and our business.
Cold mountain streams, high-country grasslands, and saltwater flats—these are the places we feel most alive. We know the power of the experiences they provide and live for the anticipation it brings. And we must preserve these places for future generations. This is why we commit 5% of pre-tax profits to protecting what we love.
We offer a retail career experience like no other. Our people are our most valuable asset, and we empower our associates to take care of the customer and exceed expectations. To be at their best, we also recognize that our associates need time to recharge and connect with nature. We believe in ensuring our associates have great work/life balance, maintaining store operating hours that focus on our most productive periods, and offering a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Generous associate discount, including discount opportunities with other brands
- Incentives for travel
- Rod loaner program
- You deliver world-class customer service through empathy, critical thinking, and customer centricity
- You are an ambassador of the brand, aligned with the Orvis Vision, Mission, Core Values, and Culture
- You have in-depth knowledge of our products and services
- You are a sales professional, engaging customers in all departments throughout the store
- You are entrepreneurial and able to leverage assets across Orvis’ omnichannel retail platform
- You support the team and strive to achieve store goals
- You utilize time between customers to enhance store presentation through merchandising, maintaining standards, and restocking
This position is for the Women’s dept. of the store. We are seeking candidates with retail experience in women’s or men’s apparel.
Who you’ll work with:
The Retail Sales Associate reports directly to the Store Manager and will interact daily with other store associates.
We are looking for:
- Outdoor enthusiasts who can learn on the fly, demonstrate integrity and mutual respect, and create a fun and energetic store vibe
- Ability to handle ambiguity, use sound judgement, and solve problems for customers
- Up-to-date computer skills with the aptitude to learn and demonstrate accuracy on point of sale systems
- Physical strength to reach, move, and handle merchandise in high and low areas, lift up to 30 pounds, and the stamina to execute floor sets
- Physical ability to be on feet (standing/walking) for extended periods of time
- Specialty retail experience in women’s or men’s apparel
- Merchandising experience